Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Deathworld


Okay, so I had Little One at work all day, sick with a fever / nausea bug.  We picked up Patch at aftercare and scooted on over to B&N to use a Christmas gift card and score some reads.  Little One picked up a Rick Riordan Greek-mythology-meets-the-modern-teen paperback and Patch got a Newberry Award winning book she read earlier this year in school.

Me, I got this:



Now, I don’t know much about Harry Harrison.  I think I read one of his books a few years back and that was it.  Never read him – to the best of my recollection – as a kid.  I did, however, read a book about a Planet of Death, and really, really, really would like to revisit it, so maybe, maybe, maybe this is it.  The novels are from the early 60s, so they could very well have had prominent places in the 1970s library of my youth.

Or maybe I’m confusing this memory with Silverberg’s Planet of Death.

Dunno.  All’s I do know is that I’m jonesing to read a good science fiction tale, the sooner the better.  Read a couple back in December, but somehow that seems like many, many moons ago …


No comments: