Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I'm So Tired






… I’d give you everything I got for a little peace of mind …


Ah, my default setting as an out-of-shape fifty-something father of two. But not last night! Last night I scored an unheard-of eight solid hours of shuteye. Lots of REM sleep (including, unfortunately, a strange dream featuring a deceased old pal of mine). Woke up relaxed and refreshed, and boy, was I a dynamo at work. The Man was pleased indeed! As was I, with my performance.

Now to walk the dog, exercise for us both in this hot and humid 85 degree weather, then the Met game at 7:05 and, after that, the Democrat debate. See? I’m a glutton for punishment. Maybe that’s why I’m always so tired …


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you're looking for some shuteye. nothing better than a Democrat debate. Thanks for the softball.

Uncle

LE said...

I made it to 9:23 before a combination of boredom and disbelief at the inanity of what I was hearing forced me to go back to the Met game.