Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cold Doldrums


Try as I might, wracking my gray matter, I can’t think of a single thing worthy of blogging about. So –

Cold and rainy here in my part of the woods. Me and Little One did some errands while the wife took a sick Patch to the doctor. Dry cleaners, recycling center, library, B&N, pizza parlor. It was fun. Wound up discussing a joint research project she and I will develop: what happened to Amelia Earhardt? I love the Little One. She’s into history’s mysteries stuff, just like her dad. We always have stuff to talk about on these errand runs.

Felt like seeing a good western, so I borrowed Tom Horn (starring Steve McQueen) for tonight’s viewing. Dunno whether it’ll be good or not. Perhaps a blog post / review later in the week. Wife is taking the two girls to see The Lorax later. Part of her Lenten penance, I suppose.

Speaking of Lenten penance, well, I failed in mine. Was going to read through the Psalms, but, as usual, got distracted. Or – am I being called elsewhere? I think I am, but these things are so hard to discern that I’m not sure. Maybe I’ll extrapolate in a later post, maybe not. All’s I can say is that, strangely enough, this new “calling” seems to have a link in Paris. Hmmmm.

Spent two hours balancing the checkbook, paying bills, getting cra-pola organized and somewhat filed away. Only half-way done, though. Too tired and achey to finish. What I’m not too tired and achey to finish is The Searchers, the yellowed paperback I’ve been reading over the last couple of days, as well as Gods and Generals. Hope to put away thirty or forty pages of each in a leisurely sort of way later tonight when the house quietens.

Really, that’s about all that’s exciting going on right now. Though, with the way things have been lately, perhaps that’s the best blessing the Hopper family can have right now.

PS – Didn’t win the Mega Millions. Oh well. Always next week.

No comments: