Sunday, February 24, 2013

What to Expect When You're Expecting


… the reading of some fine books.

Okay. Here’s my agenda, for those of you playing The Recovering Hopper game at home:

Track One:

Finish the rest of my Philip Jose Farmer series. That’s –

A Private Cosmos
Behind the Walls of Terra
The Lavalite World
Riverworld and Other Stories
To Your Scattered Bodies Go
The Cache
Riders of the Purple Wage

Then move on to something non-science fiction-y. Maybe a western or two, in time for spring and, perhaps, an early summer –

The Hawkline Monster (“gothic western”)
Warlock (classic western)

Track Two:

Finish Battle Cry of Freedom, and then –

The Killer Angels (the Pulitzer-winning epic of Gettysburg, to be read along with an audio CD).

After that, I think I’ll attempt The Making of the Atomic Bomb, for some more rugged history.

That’ll take me up to Memorial Day, I’m guessing. Not sure what I want to dedicate my summer reading to. I have some ideas in mind, but nothing strongly, which is okay, because as a Hopper these things just overtake me at any given moment.

Happy reading!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You shocked me!

LE said...

Hee hee