Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Education Continues Apace


So, me and the Little One have just finished going through all our Halloween DVRings. This is part of my master plan to turn her into a successful science fiction horror drama adventure writer actress artist. Laying the foundation, so to speak.

Also, it is great father-daughter bonding, a serio-goofy diametrically-flipped analog of a dad having catch with his son.

Right around Halloween we got all the obvious Halloweenish stuff out of the way: The Ghost Hunters, the MonsterQuests, et al. Then we watched the following flicks:

Them!

The Raven

The Tingler

Aaaahhhhhh!!!

No, Aaaahhhhhh!!! is not a movie, it's a cry of triumph from me masked as a cry of terror from Little One. And by “cry of terror,” I really mean “cry of delight.” She enjoyed all three movies (gave each one an A+ if I remember correctly), unable to decide which one's her favorite save for the fact she always likes best the latest one she's watched. Be it giant bugs, Edgar Allan Poe, or a slimy slug on your spine, she took each one to heart and we both enjoyed our little spookfest marathon.

Got some other stuff DVR'd, such as Victorian Captain Nemo, the original Star Trek movie, a pair or really old Boris Karloff black-and-whites. Also, I DVR'd the season opener of Finding Bigfoot, a show I normally dislike but recorded since this episode revisits the classic “Monster of Boggy Creek” from Fouke, Arkansas. She may or may not want to watch this with me, because, try as I might, I can't seem to light the sasquatch flame in her heart. Oh well.

And if you want my opinion -

Them! – A+, still the bestest big bug bonanza ever, the Alien of its time

The Raven – B for Vincent Price, didn't hold up as well for me over the long years

The Tingler – Awesome, A+, first time I saw it – campy creepy crittery goodness!

No comments: