Saturday, July 7, 2018

Encounter with Liberal Insanity


Well, Hopper has had his first one-on-one encounter with the mental disorder known as Progressivism. Or liberal insanity. It’s the same thing.

I’ve been fighting this bronchitis for two weeks now. Fed up with the “stay the course” advice of my first doctor, I saw another one yesterday. He was concerned and ordered me an on-the-spot nebulizer treatment as well as some chest x-rays. While I was breathing in the albuterol in an effort to clear my lungs, the nurse came in with a form for me.

This nurse is actually an older Hispanic male. He’s assisted me before and he’s a great guy, though I still prefer dealing with the female nurses there. Anyway, he apologetically told me he had to ask me some questions.

“Do you adhere to the gender of your birth, on your birth certificate, or are you gender fluid?”

“Of course I do,” I said, indicating the first.

After marking my response on the form he followed up with, “and what is your birth gender?”

I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. In my sickness, with untrimmed beard and mustache, with great bags under my eyes from a dearth of sleep, I look somewhat like Jerry Garcia. But he had helped me and I didn’t want to give him a hard time, seeing he was embarrassed.

“Male, of course.”

A nervous chuckle and he made his notations.

“And what pronouns should I use when addressing you?”

Oh Lord. I thought instantly about saying “His Majesty.” A year or two back some young Republican in college tweaked his college professor by filling that answer out on one of those pronoun forms the idiots teaching our college kids these days seem enamored with. But I didn’t want to give him a hard time. “The normal ones,” I replied, and said no more.

So now I have had my first encounter with the Philosophy of the Denial of Reality that is swiftly overtaking academia and now the health care industry. How soon before I am required to take loyalty oaths to this viewpoint to maintain a job? I already have to take annual training where I affirm women make 77 cents on the dollar (debunked just about everywhere) and that LGBTQWXYZ is the summit of all that is good and wholesome (contrary to natural law and my deeply-held religious belief).

God help us.


And for those wondering, the new doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and steroids, which I took last night at 5 pm. I slept through the night (with only two small interruptions) for the first time since June 20 and feel a hundred percent better already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news on feeling better Hopper. On the other insanity, me being me, I would approach the gender Q/A as I would if I got an e-mail saying I inherited $25M from a long lost relative that died on a Nile River excursion. I would play along and tell them I am really a toaster and would prefer to be called Sunbeam.

Uncle