Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Francis, the Amazon Synod, and Pachamama




Though I don’t blog about it, I follow it.

This entire pontificate disgusts me, embarrasses me, and, yes, frightens me.

Were it not for my unshakable belief in the divinity of Christ, I would leave this Church in a heartbeat. Yet, in the words of St. Peter, “Lord, to whom would we go?”

I can only work on myself. I can influence my children, my wife, my family, my friends, to greater or lesser extents. But I can only work on myself. I sense something out just beyond the horizon. Something is going to happen. Something. I feel I need to be prepared.

A few weeks ago I opened my Douay-Rheims Bible and began reading from “In the beginning”, Genesis 1:1. I’m now traveling through the Egyptian Plagues of Exodus. I think every now and then I’ll post some thoughts on the books of the Good Book that I move through. I like the idea of the Bible as a road map of sorts. A book that holds a key, a map, a plan, a story, buried in the pages, one that will take time and effort to unearth, for nothing of worth is gained easily, only with great effort.



No comments: