Friday, December 6, 2019

Unwelcome Visitor



So I first found this thing on my shelf the morning of December 1, and immediately an odd feeling halfway between dread and annoyance spread through me. Every morning I see it perched in a different spot in my living room, glaring down at me, accusing me, judging me, scolding me.

I’ve had it. I just can’t seem to get rid of the damn thing. I’ve tried running the AC on with the windows open. I tried jacking the thermostat up to 90. I leave all the lights on in the house, even during the day while I’m at work. Can’t tell you how many plastic straws I’ve thrown her way, then thrown out those open windows along with the air conditioned air.




[Image taken from the absolute funniest site on the web, The Babylon Bee, in an article “New Greta on the Shelf Doll Will Track Your Climate Sins”.]


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she chartered flights for a crew to pilot a yacht to your house.

Uncle