Thursday, May 5, 2022

Dallas Symphony Orchestra

 

My oldest daughter, Little One, played the Dallas Symphony Orchestra last Saturday. Well, plated at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, along with her high school band. The band itself it ranked very highly in the state, taking fourth place in either the statewide or regional competitions over the winter (can’t remember which, to be honest, but remember: Texas is a BIG state). The teachers here take band very seriously, much, much more than where we came from in New Jersey. But with eight years of education, practice, and performance with the clarinet under her belt, she performed admirably this past school year.












 

Consider me a very proud parent. In fact, once school is over and she has a little bit of relaxation on hand, I’m planning a duet with her. I transcribed a piece of music from my band days and I’m going to give her the part my lead guitarist played nearly forty years ago. It’s nice and melodic and I will complement her either on an acoustic guitar or my electric with a clean, chorus-driven setting. And if it sounds really good and we can record it, perhaps I will see if I can upload it here. Now that would be quite the thing, no?


No comments: