Saturday, April 27, 2024

Dallas Stars Playoffs

 

I’ve only been to about ten NHL games in my life; most in the three years we’ve been down in Texas and a couple in the 40+ years I lived up in New Jersey. Even though I don’t go often, when I do go it’s usually eventful. One memorable game was the start of my brother’s bachelor party in 1997. At another I sat a few rows behind the Rangers bench and caught a puck. It flopped over the plexiglass literally right into my jacket. So many hands assaulted me I thought I was pickpocketed for a moment.

 

Anyway, the wife is a networker, and when she networks she gets stuff. One company looking to do business with her offered us front row seats right on the ice. Along with VIP passes. For Game One of the first series of the playoffs. We instantaneously said “Yes!” So though it was a tough loss for the Dallas Stars, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, ate and drank pretty darn good for free in the VIP longue in the depths of the arena, got our playoff towels, and even made it on to TV.

 

The Stars lost again at home Wednesday, putting us in an unfortunate 0-2 deficit against the Knights. The away game in Vegas is tonight, but since it’s late we’ll watch it tomorrow morning. The Stars had a pretty dominant regular season, winning their division with multiple offensive weapons and an All-Star goalie, that it would be a shame to be sent home after the first series in the hunt for the Stanley Cup.

 

Here’s some pics from Monday’s game:



Opening ceremonies




Joe Pavelski, my wife's favorite player




Captain Jamie Benn after scoring 




Jake Oettinger in net




Faceoff




Tanev racing up ice with the puck




Tyler Seguin getting frustrated




Another faceoff




Marchment, one of our favorites




Mrs. Hopper banging on the plexiglass




Results 48 hours later of Mrs. Hopper banging on the plexiglass







No comments: