Friday, September 13, 2024

Hopper's Cave

 



Where I sit, busily overwhelmed in the occupation of earning a few extra shillings to satisfy the increasing costs of the rents and groceries. The corporation which employs me has seen fit a week ago to terminate the employment of my “partner,” who was quite discontent with the position, responsibilities, and workload, and in this case the “squeaky wheel” did not get greased; it got replaced.

 

Hence the dearth of posts of late. I anticipate more in the week to follow after a quite busy “birthday” weekend coming up – both of myself as well as my youngest daughter. In two weeks my oldest enters her third decade (she turns twenty) and there will be more celebration, though more muted as she’s technically away at college. September is the month we’re officially broke due to all these festivities. However, that “squeaky wheel” has provided me with the opportunity to earn a few more coins as extra responsibilities and workloads and an expanded position have fallen in my lap.

 

Oh well. Birthday recaps to follow later in the week.

 

Carry on.

 


No comments: