Monday, January 24, 2011

Two Socio-Political Questions


1. Where were the “calls for civility” from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the news departments of CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN, and the Democrat Party leadership during the eight years of the Bush Presidency?

2. What has happened to the anti-war movement, now that we have a Democrat in the White House? We are still actively involved in war in Iraq and Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay is still housing prisoners of war.

Don’t bother responding. I understand it’s not about Civility or Peace. The game’s about Power, and how to get some when the Other Guys currently hold it, and how to keep some when Your Guys are in control. I hope you understand that, too.

... < /cynicism >


[Note: the whole Power Principle applies to the Right as well as the Left. I’m partial to the Right, however, because I find their rational arguments more persuassive than those from the Left. Indeed, what I hear mostly from the Left is emotion-based thinking, not rational-based thinking. Please comment if you can prove me wrong!]

No comments: