Monday, April 23, 2012

Exhaustion


Got to work an hour early because I had to drive to one of the local hospitals at lunch time for a lung scan. It has been one year since my last. On a positive note, I no longer have that pinching pain when inhale deeply. I still have a “border” to how far I can inhale, but it doesn’t hurt to do it.

While there, they made me wait nearly ninety minutes before I went in. Great, ’cuz I’m on the clock. I inhaled radioactive gas for five minutes with a bib on. “You don’t want to go back to work with a hot shirt,” the tech told me, and I agreed wholeheartedly. Then I went into one of those big MRI-thingies for twenty minutes or so as it rotated and took pictures and scans and whatnot of my lung functions.

Then I went to a second MRI-thingie, only this time they injected me with radioactive dye. This was only for five minutes or so. Then I rushed back to work for another hour-and-a-half, then I left to meet the wife and little ones at a local eyeglass emporium. Yes, for the first time in six years, I have a new pair of eyeglasses. Well, I will in about a week’s time.

Next, I rushed home to get the girls showered and dried and into jammies while the wife made us all a late dinner. Now, I’ve rushed down here to write this, because I want to rush back up two floors to watch some tube with the Mrs. And if she’s sleeping, I’ll rush into the tub and rush towards the climax of The Last Full Measure.

Sense a pattern here?


“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.”
- Lao Tzu

No comments: