Sunday, January 13, 2013

Probbles


What a singularly craptastic weekend I’ve had. First, thanks to Pharaoh in the White House, my check is a net $30 lighter (and will be even moreso next pay when the entire pay period is in 2013). Then, I had absolutely no self-control over my diet, eating like I’ll live forever: burritoes, pizza, soda, milk duds, egg and cheese sandwiches with taylor ham, beer. Spotting a mouse trying to gnaw its way through a wire mesh window, I haul my 45-pounder (Patch) up on a shelf to observe and manage to throw my back out. Looking for some peace and quiet last night (the wife out for ladies’ night and the children asleep), the upstairs toilet clogs and overflows, spewing unspeakableness all over the tiled floor. This morning I seemed to gain some peace of mind helping serve at Mass, but the Impala overheats on the way home. A Russian gas station attendant literally (and I mean “literally”) gets intimate with the engine’s coolant system to get it running again, but I have to take it to the shop tomorrow and that’ll cost $$$ we don’t have. And to top it off, I’m 0 for 3 with the playoff games so far.

I’m due to hang out with my bud later tonight to see Zero Dark Thirty, and I have my fingers crossed the movie theater won’t go up in flames with us in it.

If problems are opportunities, I want to delegate them to a subordinate for a few days!

[But I did get lots of sleep and manage to get two-thirds of the way done with The Wind Whales of Ishmael … it’s the simple things in life …]


No comments: