Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Brain Rush


So many ideas racing through my brain …


… the inflaton

… a holographic universe

… strings, superstrings, spinors and twistors

… the QGP – quark gluon plasma

… spacetime, Kaluza-Klein, 10, 11, 26 dimensions

… 6EQUJ5


Yes, I have been reading physics again.

Fairly consistently over the past seven weeks. Read Quantum Fuzz, Seven Brief Lessons on Physics, Six Easy Pieces, The Little Book of String Theory, The Hidden Reality, and am working my way through F. David Peat’s Superstrings and the Search for the Theory of Everything. Been thinking about it a lot, and a lot of it is starting to come together. Not in any coherent form, mind you, but at least I recognize a concept one physicist author writes about that I read in another book another physicist author wrote about.

I am very excited.

Every now and then I come across a passage that I say, “Gee, this is something pretty neat and cool I should put up on the old blog.” But I haven’t so far, and my excuse is sheer laziness. Going forward, if something strikes me as pretty neat and cool (a.k.a., “mind-blowing”), I will post it here.

Carry on, young scientists!


No comments: