Sunday, March 8, 2020

Never Trust Wikipedia



That’s what my high-school and middle-school daughters have been urging me, since, well, they were in grammar school.

I captured an exemplary case this morning. While watching a Premiere League soccer match with the Mrs (our journey into Premiere League soccer is a long one worthy of its own post), we watched Liverpool’s #7, James Milner, perform a phenomenal inches-to-spare save. Wanting the man’s backstory, I went to Wikipedia and here’s what it displayed:




Did you catch that? I read it aloud to the family, and Patch says incredulously, “Who is he, Hercules?”

I went back not five minutes later, and the lion wrestling line was removed.

“Just a couple of mates at the pub, having fun,” the wife stated, and I have to agree.


No comments: