Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lion vs. Bear

My wife and I were channel surfing the other night and settled on that scrolling program guide that all cable systems have, so we sat there and watched the tv listings roll by. One thing caught our eye, and though we didn’t watch it, we had some fun with it.

The show was called:

Lion Feeding Frenzy

on the Animal Planet channel. That got a laugh, especially as it was followed an hour later by:

Bear Feeding Frenzy

Hmmmm. I ventured a guess that the show after that would be:

Lion vs. Bear

Or:

Bear vs. Lion

Then, I said, the next show in the series would be:

Lion and Bear vs. Unarmed Man

Wow. Just think about it – the possibilities are almost endless. In a couple of minutes we had each other cackling, cracking up, thinking about episodes for this new series. For example, how ’bout:

Lion and Bear: It’s Hunting Season

Lion and Bear vs. Hamas

Lion and Bear Rid the World of Nuclear Weapons

Lion and Bear: This Time It’s Personal

Lion and Bear: Barely Legal

Lion and Bear Go To White Castle

That’s all I can recall, but we came up with at least twice as many more. Doesn’t take much, does it, when you’re sleep deprived and got a bad case of the giggles, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just going to say, sounds like the grown-ups need a night out! Ha! Isn't it amazing what those sweet-faced little angels can do to your sanity? Believe me, I know! Gotta love 'em! J-

LE said...

Let me tell you - we've had a scheduled night out every Saturday since before Christmas that keeps getting canceled for some reason or another. I think the wife and I will book a motel room - and sleep ...