Monday, April 13, 2009

Inundata

Ugh.

So much on my To-Do list today I think my pulmonary vein closed up a few millimeters (that's just some gallows humor). Seriously, though, I have way too much to do for the amount of energy and enthusiasm I am currently capable of summoning.

I tried to get a witty and/or interesting post together last night, but coming down off my Easter-inspired sugar high and after putting screaming crying children to bed, I lacked the inspiration. Trust me, I tried. I did find a half-finished short story I wrote four or five years ago that I may post here because I think it's decent enough; perhaps I'll finish it up, too. So, look for that tomorrow and the next couple of days.

A couple of unpleasant phone calls to make today. Lots of filing, too. The office is a mess and I can't seem to find anything when I need it. Doctors bills are coming in. Quicken needs to be updated. The house needs a cleaning, laundry needs a-doing, children need to be shuttled here and there. I need to put on the sheriff's hat and become the chocolate and candy cop at home. Yay. There's follow-up on the head-hunters. Disability and unemployment paperwork. Spreadsheets to track everything.

See why I'm on the hunt for a deeper reality?

Anyway, sorry for the lack of anything worthwhile here (and I mean that, not only from your perspective but from mine, too). Will try for some better posting in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you have just described is LIFE - especially with children! Your nephews haven't stopped eating candy for the last 2 days, to the point that I gated the easter baskets on the DR table. The youngest proceeded to knock down the gate and pull one of said baskets on the floor, whereby dog staring sniffing through and had to be sent out of the house. If we could make this into a book we'd make millions!!! -J