Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer 1980


Not much to say today; busy, busy, busy. Full report on tomorrow's post. I just found this book cover image on a floppy I had when I was an email support analyst at Marriott International. Lotsa downtime, especially when I worked the night shift, and I remember hunting for any info I could on this really awesome book I read nearly twenty years earlier. As soon as I saw this picture, I knew that was the book. My wife bought me a couple of these old, out-of-print, highly-influential-to-me books as a wedding gift eight years ago, so I've read The Spinner again, this time as an adult, and it still gives me goose bumps in its terrible simplicity. Which reminds me: I titled this post "Summer 1980" because of a two-week vacation my family took down the Jersey Shore. That is a post in itself ... perhaps later this week.
...
Au revoir, June!

No comments: