Friday, April 30, 2010

Eclecticity

What do the songs


Linger by The Cranberries

Feelin’ That Way by Journey

Brother of Mine by ABW&H

Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson

Heroes by Motorhead

#9 Dream by John Lennon

Thunderstruck by AC/DC

Sea of Love by The Honeydrippers


have in common?

They’re all songs from youtube I listened to this past week on my PC while writing this and that and this and that. According to my IE history. Yeah, baby! LE, Techno Whiz of the Year, 2002!

On first glance that’s a rather eclectic list, even by my eclectic tastes. The strangest thing is that it seems so random. Normally, music-wise, I tend to stick to one thing until out of the blue I’m suddenly course-corrected with a subconscious paradigm shift. When I was a wee lad I would get into bands for months, even years, at a time before moving on to something else. In April of 1998 I was overturned by a paradigm quake of tsunamic proportions and switched exclusively to classical music. I didn’t buy a single rock CD for the next seven years.

But now that I’m thinking about it, wait a minute – no! Oh no … damn! … No, no … Must this wretched hopperism I’m cursed with now creep into my music choices and shatter any peace and inspiration I get from it?

Nooooo!

No comments: