Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Cat Came Back

Hi! We have a friend coming in to town to stay the night, so I'm kinda swamped with household chores (cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc). As a result, I was unable to honor my daily hour of blog creativity. Instead, I offer this 1936 cartoon called, "The Cat Came Back." I believe it was the first cartoon I ever saw. Probably around age 3 or 4. If you have 8 minutes to spare and feel somewhat nostalgic for the old Warner Brothers cartoons, watch it. Around the 4:45 mark it officially happened: my nightmares began, haunting my subconscious for nearly four decades. This cartoon began the warping that resulted in the LE who now stands before you ... oh, those frantic cries of "help!" "help!" from the scared little kitten ...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Here, all these years, I was blaming Uncle! Always...