Monday, August 9, 2010

Bizziniss

Hi. Just got back from the zoo with two sweaty, overheated, and moody toddlers. I am also sweaty, overheated, and moody. Little One’s soccer starts on Wednesday, so we have to go out and buy her shin guards, cleats, and black shorts. We also need to check out a place to host her birthday party in six weeks or so. Gotta get groceries, ’cause we had such a busy weekend, and there’s little to eat in the house. Oh, and have I mentioned I gotta find a job in this stagnant, fearful, frozen-hiring business climate known as the Obama Economy?

Speaking of the weekend, though, I had a great time. We had friends come in from Pittsburgh for a visit, for the first time in over a year. Old times – Good times! Blasts from the Past! Much fun and levity. I’d forgotten what “fun” and “levity” truly meant. Barbecued, played my guitar, let all the children run round in the darkness with flashlights, pool time. Hung out with a dog all by myself one afternoon. Finished The Children of Hurin. Late nights and long days where I did not have to be ­de facto Director of Children’s Entertainment. Oh, my buddy invited me somewhere awesome that I’ll blog about tomorrow.

So … check back then. It’ll be worth it.

No comments: