Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day of Rest

Permit me a day of rest, if you please. A day of recovery. Of restitution. Repose. Relaxation. Requiescence.

Isn’t that a beautiful word, requiescence?

It’s hot and humid by us. And we’ve been on the go, basically, all summer. So – just a day of recharging.

We’ll run the ACs until the house gets down to a comfortable, autumn-Adirondack clime. There’ll be no teevee, for the little ones are being punished, and, well, punishment of that type may just end up to be a reward, for all considered.

I plan to put serious dentations into The Seven Pillars of Wisdom (I’m just about at the half-way point; the taking of the port city of Akaba, for those in the know). There’s also another book I want to skim through, Hostage to the Devil, though I don’t know if I’ll blog about it.

God forgive us all, but we’re not going to go to church today. We normally never skip mass, maybe once or twice a year, and I’m a Eucharistic Minister once or twice a month, but today, we’re keeping a low profile.

Enjoy the day …

No comments: