Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Super 8


Hi.

Not much time for writing these past few days, as you can imagine.

My mother has the two little ones for the week, on vacation in the wilds of Pennsylvania. Monday night, the wife and I went out to dinner to celebrate my new job. Last night we followed it up with a trip to the movie theaters for the first time, together, by ourselves, sans children, in at least two, maybe three years. Though I’m working hard during the day, I’m enjoying the evenings.

Last night we saw the Spielberg / Abrams sci-fi offering Super 8. Decent summer flick. There’s something there for everyone: SF, horror, genuine comedy, romance, action, even late-70s nostalgia. Not a perfect movie, but pointing out flaws would be nit-picking. See it on the big screen if you’re into this sorta thing, it’s worth it.

Tonight I’ll be alone (wife has an event at one of her stores), so I plan on a quiet, home-cooked meal, mowing the lawn, doing a little bit of writing, going out for a three-mile walk, and reading about 50 pages of Riders of the Purple Sage, which I’ve been necessarily neglecting over the past three days.

Good stuff later in the week, I promise.

No comments: