Saturday, February 29, 2020

February in Review



Well, some good, some bad.

The bad: I overexerted myself towards the end of January with all the walking and lifting, and exhaustion set in. A deep fatigue which I couldn’t shake, so I laid off the walking and lifting. A week, and then, before I knew it, a whole month, and any weight loss strides I made were soon confined to the dustbin of history. Once the exercising ended, so did the healthy eating.

However, the good: About two weeks ago one of those beautiful rare bolts from the blue bullseyed me and I was granted a renewed raison d’etra, something I’d been seeking out over the last four years. I’m going to give a go at historical fiction. A new novel. I have a setting, characters, plot, a rough outline. I’ve researched it over these past fourteen days and feel confident and excited. I’ve even given myself a deadline: my birthday, September 17.

Tomorrow being the first of March, I’m going to go out for a walk first thing in the a.m. Get back on that horse. Throw the weights around a bit while doing the laundry in the afternoon. And then write a thousand words while the wife and the girls bathe our incredibly stinky dog Charlie.

February is gone. Long live February! Onward to March, and to a new springtime!



No comments: