Sunday, November 19, 2023

It Asks, I Answer

 

This randomly popped up online a few days back and I replied, “OK, Universe. You asked.”

 



 

1) Bobcat. We have bobcats around here. I saw one down an alley on my early morning walks (it was down the alley, I was on a main street). Patch saw one, twice. One of those times it came right up to her. They’re about the size of an average dog, with long, lanky legs. And sharp claws at the ends of those long, lanky legs. I think it’s not too boastful to think I could punch one into submission if it attacked me, so long as I can keep those sharp claws away from my major arterial systems.

 

2) Three times. Half a century ago Ian Fleming wrote, “Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.” I believe it. Though we have some diverse avian wildlife down here (egrets, herons, grackles, and deep-sky hovering hawks), have yet to see an owl. Though I think that would be cool. Two owls in one day might be a little eerie. Three, and I’d be searching the indices of my Matthew Henry bible commentary for “owl.”

 

3) Buy a house for the equity. Don’t think I’ve had a decent night’s sleep since I first became a homeowner, nineteen-and-a-half years ago.

 

Some literature on deck in a few days!

 


No comments: