Monday, December 8, 2008

Brain Freeze

Brain frozen … fatigue too overpowering … must do next thing on the list …

Hope to carve out an hour or so tonight to write. Said hour must be child-free, wife-free, television-free, telephone-free, alcohol-free, bills-and-finances-free, dirty-laundry-free, worry-free. Is such freedom possible this side of Paradise? Who knows? I’ve heard it is. Indeed, I think I experienced it, once, about twelve or thirteen years ago, but was too stupid to realize what it was. Went out and done gone ruined it, I think I did, buried that jewel in a field, drew a map and promptly misplaced it.

Oh well. I’d spend a half-hour today attempting to write something witty or pithy, rueful or bold, but I have too much paperwork on my desk. Feel like that Dutch boy, plugging all those leaks with his fat little fingers. This due, that due, handle this, handle that. Nothing in writing, mind you, only verbal commands to do this, do that. Trainers coming in tomorrow as we’re switching payroll systems, for the second time in as many years. Possible pointless seminar I’ll be sent to Thursday. Two potential bullets I have to find a way to duck. Dodging supervisors, who only want to burden and never lighten the load.

Brain frozen … fatigue overpowering … must find solution …

No comments: