Monday, December 15, 2008

Hiatus

Hello. This blog will be on hiatus until Jan 1, 2009.

Basically, we have too much on our collective plates at the moment. The newborn’s hearing may be a problem. The Little One’s never-quite-healed chest congestion is acting up, as well as her new sassy four-year-old attitude. My wife’s work is in turmoil as the dual effects of a bad Christmas economy and visits by bosses and bosses’ bosses multiply her stress levels exponentially. My day job continues at the same level of vomit-inducing wretchedness. A couple of writing projects I’ve promised myself and others to get done by the New Year never seem to get out of the planning stages. We’re in the midst of that intricate metaphysical tar pit of refinancing a house that never really gets cleaned as we move boxes and boxes of crap from one room to the next. Errands and chores and Christmas shopping and –

You get the idea.

I’m facing a very real crisis of confidence right now, on top of things. My physical health, never really good over the past three years, is dipping more than a bit into problem territory. My mental outlook is following closely behind. There’s only just so much an amount of constant, never-ending stress and fatigue, one crisis after the other, that a healthy body can take, and I think I’ve crossed that line. Long ago.

This blog was created back in March as a means of getting me back into a habit of daily writing. I think it’s accomplished that objective. This is my 270th posting. But now it’s just another to-do on the giant To-Do list, another source of stress as I have no time after work to write until late at night, when I have no energy, and must resort to stealth writing during the frantic work day. It’s really a lose-lose proposition as the quality of my writing suffers and falls below a level I feel is acceptable for public consumption.

Hopefully at the end of the next two-and-a-half weeks you’ll find me re-energized, re-focused, and bursting with interesting ideas. But right now, I need to take a small vacation. To recharge, to reinvest in myself, and to rethink my life and my lifestyle.

Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!

Sincerely,
LE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss you, Hopper! Some days you made me laugh, some days cry and some days go huh? but every day you took me on some kind of adventure! Certainly understand, tho...family first with the Holidays and all. The Littlest One will be fine, I know...and get used to Sassy! Looking forward to you being recharged in 09...MWA