Monday, March 29, 2010

Is This Lazy?

Okay, is this pathetically lazy, or do I have any grounds for denial here?

My wife is busting me over the fact that, well, last week, while she was away at her sales conference, I, uh, well, here, let me explain.

It was late at night. I was tired. A full day of watching the two little ones, feeding and bathing them, getting them in bed, cleaning up the tornado-like mess my house becomes on a daily basis, feeding myself, doing a little work at the writing desk, then going up three flights to lay in bed and read some books. I’m tired, okay? So I noticed I was seriously beginning to hurt myself with my toenails. They were like mini-sabers. Talons. I think I was starting to slice five little holes in whatever pair of socks I was wearing that day.

So I went in to the bathroom and cut them. I did one foot and, like I mentioned, I was tired. I decided to cut the other foot’s toenails the next morning.

I forgot. That was six days ago, and I still haven’t remembered to cut them. I’m actually lopsided when I walk. It’s starting to hurt the lower lumbar of my spine. Anyway, when I mentioned this to my wife, she laughed so hard no noise was coming out of her mouth. In fact, she stopped breathing, and was playfully slapping me in her hysterical fit of humorful hysterics.

“Oh my God,” she exclaimed when she finally could catch her breath. “You are so lazy!”

“I am not!” I protested. “I’m just tired, and forgetful.”

I nursing a wounded ego here, friends. Maybe I’ll get to that other foot later today ….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! You 2 were meant for one another!!! Always

Anonymous said...

Personally, from one SAHP to another, I think C should spend a good long week home alone with her girls, now that they're both mobile, and one needs chauffering to school. See if she remembers to put mascara on both eyes, or even put any on at all! lol I understand, LE, I do! - J

LE said...

Thank you, J!

As an aside, I did take the five minutes late Wednesday night and trimmed all my finger and toe nails. I am now well-groomed.