Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Death Begins in Your Colon

Wow. Imagine my surprise at seeing this subject line in my inbox a few days back.

I had to open it.

Now, I won’t bore you with details – I mean, rather, disgust you with details.

Save for one. I just can’t help myself.

Apparently, in “many, many autopsies” of Joe Average Citizen, the colon seems to be 80 percent full of compacted, old fecal waste. This tends to leak into the bloodstream, washing toxins throughout your body, increasing the incidence of disease as well as severely hampering the body’s natural ability to eliminate.

You know, I’ve heard stuff like this before. Read a few books … mostly in 2008, when I went on a holistic healing kick (lotta good that did me) … that routinely expounded on this problem, usually in chapters dealing with detoxification, fasting and whatnot. I tend to believe it, though I am far from being an expert or even an informed interested party. I can’t see how regular fasting, increasing fiber intake via an increase in fruits and vegetables, spacing out meals, and drinking 64-plus ounces of water, can hurt.

But, regarding this particular email, I draw the line at colon cleansing, thank you.

No comments: