Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feliz Dia de Pavo


Don’t plan on spending much time on the PC today. We’re all up at my folks’ spacious, warm, comfy and cozy house out in the boonies for a relaxing four-day mini get-away-from-it-all. I just woke up from a 2-hour nap; I’m fighting a mild bug of some sorts with Dayquil.

What I do plan on doing, today, is:

Stuffing myself silly with turkey, potaters, carrots, cranberry sauce, and, well, stuffing.

But not so much that I don’t have any room left for pumpkin pie.

Or my daughter’s home-made cookies.

I want to make some serious in-roads into Ben-Hur.

And journey the by-ways of Tolkien’s Middle-earth, care of some literary analysis by one Professor Michael Stanton.

Of course, we’ll all be watching the Macy’s parade, currently in progress.

And I’m waiting in anticipation to watch the day’s football games, particularly the J-E-T-S later tonight.

But what I’m most thankful for, today, is a requiem from changing diapers!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: