Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Results

...

Well, it went about as good as it could, according to my lensing.

As I write this, the Dems hold the Senate, 49 to 46, with 3 seats still up in the air.

The House is firmly in the GOP’s power, 239 to 183, with 13 seats undecided.

The Republicans won a seeming majority of governorships (don’t have the exact number handy). A lot of states moving forward. Interestingly, New York chooses to go 2008.

Read about the “California Conundrum” on National Review Online last night. Since California elected Brown to helm her troubled economy (and kept Barbara Boxer, ma’am), we can expect the Golden State to float trial balloons for a federal bailout after their economy completely collapses (I give it eighteen to twenty months). The conundrum is that this House is not likely to be to interested in any state bailouts any time soon.

Pot initiative in CA failed, too. That’s a good thing.

Yes, I am ideological. I am conservative. But this election for me, like most of the electorate, from what I’ve heard and read in the past day, is all about the economy. It now appears that the aggressive Obama-Reid-Pelosi anti-business agenda is checked. (We still have a 60-day gauntlet yet to run.) Hopefully, business will loosen its grip on all that cash we keep hearing its hoarding. Maybe hire someone here and there. I have a list of a hundred businesses specific to my industry that I’m going to mass-mail with resumes and letters of introduction. Also have a few contacts in need of contacting. So maybe in light of these election results, a little bit of luck will now be in my corner.

All right – I’m sick of politics. I’ll listen to Rush and Medved today for some interpretation and a bit of gloating. Also want to hear Obama’s response to all this. But after today, I got a lot of more important stuff to attend to.

A few nights back I read something really eye-opening: an alternative to Creationism and secular Science’s standard theory of cosmic evolution. I need to re-read it to fully understand it, but I think a post about it will come by in a day or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting anecdote from this weekend. We were in West Virgina attending the Marshall homecoming parade. Gov. Manchin (D), now Senator-elect Manchin, and his supporters marched in the parade. of course, I yelled out "are you going to vote to repeal Obamacare?" One of his supporters yelled back "Wait 2 years and you can repeal Obama"

Uncle

LE said...

That's the reason I told the wife last night that not all Democratic wins are necessarily bad for us over the next two years.