Friday, February 25, 2011

Return to the Center





In eleven or so entertaining minutes you can make the journey I made over the course of four or five years. Maybe longer. I became a true Christian in 1992, but allowed sloth and hedonism to stunt my growth for another decade. Then I did a lot of reading in the Catholic blogosphere, and transformed from a dittohead into someone who (at least, in theory) tries to keep the teachings of the Mother Church as the lens to view and respond to the world. In this video, I was a lot like that guy on the right side of the screen, though thanks to a combination of many things * I’ve readjusted my center to the True Center.

Well, at least in theory.


* such as, in no particular order: my heart/lung surgeries, reading Mark Shea’s blog, the George W. Bush presidency, the birth of my two daughters, attending daily mass c. 2004 to 2008, the final two years of my employment, my ensuing involuntary unemployment, seeing The Passion of the Christ alone in the theaters, and a whole slew of other minor events

No comments: