Sunday, January 12, 2014

Progeny and Personality


The best way to understand the personalities of my children, Little One (age nine) and Patch (age five), if you don’t know them and only read about them here, can best be summed up in this little spark of inspiration I had a year or so ago:

Patch will be Little One’s agent someday.

That’s them in a nutshell.

Another way of understanding my two greatest pieces of work is by relating them to me and the wife. For reference, me and the Mrs. are diametrically opposed on those Briggs-Myers tests: me the sensitive introvert, she the b*lls-to-the-wall extrovert.

Thus,

Little One is 75 percent me, 25 percent the wife

Patch is 75 percent the wife, 25 percent me.

The wife agrees in theory with the above, merely wanting to tweak the percentages to 65-35. I dunno. Maybe I’ll go down 60-40, maybe not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopper...you hit the nail on the head! Little One loves to just chill out...find a cozy nook and settle down with a book or climb under an afghan and watch a classic movie while Patch bumbles around constantly seeking a new frontier to conquer!