Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spamtastic


Every now and then I get a really, really good email in my spam folder. Today, I think I got the king of all really, really good email in my spam folder. Much better than the Nigerian prince who needs my banking info to get his $350 million out of that country. Much, much better: it’s a definite keeper!

Here it is:

Hey,

They Kept Asking Me:

...How the Heck Did You Do It? Whats Your Secret For Winning The Lottery? Tell Us Or Well Kill You...

...I Managed To Escape But I Got Shot In The Left Foot.

They Would Have Killed Me If I Did not Tell Them My Lottery Secret...

I Decided To Thank GOD For Saving Me By Donating A Lot Of Money To Charity.

Can Anyone Win The Lottery? ...Or How Did I Manage To -Kill- The Lottery 5 Out Of 10 Times?

...You too, can have this lottery secret.

Or V1sit_Here for more details

url removed

Many blessings and good fortune...

Thank you and more power,

Missy



A few notes:

What a great way to introduce a chain letter email: Hey

How edge-of-your-seat the Clive Cussler-John LeCarre suspense – “They” kept asking her, “they” would kill her for her secret – but she manages to escape!

Curious that “they” use relatively tame language (“heck”) when threatening our heroine’s life.

Curious also the capitalization of just about all the words, except for the two somewhat normal sentences at the end.

Love that little detail of being “shot” in her “left foot.” Not just any foot – the “left” one.

Plus, she killed the lottery 50% of the time.

God answers her prayers of deliverance and she donates A LOT of money to CHARITY!


I don’t know about you, but I want to know more about this Missy!

No comments: