Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gnip Gnop


At last!

After years – decades! – of intense study of the arcane arts, after weeks and months of crushing self-discipline to bring my body to an afterthought of my mind, after countless minutes and seconds balanced precariously upon the precipice of insanity –

At last I have discovered its secret!

All the money spent, all the relationships severed, all the time and treasure wagered on the longest of long shots! Those I have double-crossed, those I have stolen and not repaid, those I have brought with me, willing and unwilling, to those mountains of madness!

At last I have uncovered the terrible, dreadful, merciless secret of Gnip Gnop!

[And as our narrative devolves into babbling hysteria:]

It’s ping-pong spelled backwards!


* * * * *


Note: this meditation brought to you after an insomnia-fueled journey through multiple 70s nostalgia websites …

No comments: