Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flying!


Well, those of you who know the Hopper know the Hopper does not like to fly.  As you read this there is a good chance I am 30,000 feet somewhere over the skies of the southeast United States, heading in to the Lone Star State.  You see, my sister-in-law is getting married down there, so there really wasn’t any way I could get out of this flight.

How am I handling it?  Pretty good, I imagine.  I have my Rosary beads, which help keep the plane airborne.  I also have a pair of paperbacks that I feel certain will keep me preoccupied, plus pen and paper.  And the little ones and the wife, who are all seasoned air travelers.

The wedding will take place on Saturday, with a rehearsal and dinner tomorrow.  Not counting my immediate family and the bride and groom, I will know four people.  All told, nine out of one or two hundred.  Now, those of you who know the Hopper know the Hopper doesn’t “mingle”, doesn’t do “cocktails.”  So I will sneak a paperback in my jacket inner pocket and find a nice secluded spot to disappear into.  You know, and do some research for this blog.

I queued up a couple of short blog entries over the next couple of days and will follow up with a no-doubt eccentric wrap-up of my Texas trip Monday evening.  After that, it’s business as usual.


See ya later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!