Thursday, April 17, 2014

Scared the Heck Outta Little Me


… circa mid-70s …


The Blob

Son of the Blob

Invasion of the Saucer Men

The Brain Eaters

It’s Alive

Squirm


… and thus none of these flicks shall be part of “Monster Movie Saturday Matinee” at the Hopper House with my little ones …



Note: these movies each – terrified me, grossed me out, kept me up at nights (sheets up to the neck, eyes staring out in the darkness), gave me the chills, nauseated me, made me question the presence of a loving God in this universe, froze me solid with fright, caused inner turmoil as my mind cried “change the channel” while my body cried, “can’t!”, panicked me, dropped my blood ten degrees, stood my then-blonde hairs on end, and scared any remaining photons of daylight out of me, all before the age of ten.

No comments: