Sunday, December 7, 2014

Picard and the Bard


Sweet words from Patrick Stewart regarding the greatest writer of the English langauge:

“Having spent so much of my life with Shakespeare’s world, passions and ideas in my head and in my mouth, he feels like a friend – someone who just went out of the room to get another bottle of wine.”

Nice quote.

By the way, despite the tentative reading plan I’m formulating for 2015, I’m being tempted to resume my journey through Shakespeare.  I left off a little over three years ago after reading something like a dozen or so out of his 38-ish number of plays. 

I also, on a whim, picked up a strange book from one of the local libraries: Star Wars, written out as a Shakespearean play.  Will shoot through that one night this week, I expect.


No comments: