Monday, May 14, 2018

Seven Deadly Sins on the Present Day Internet



Saw this in a couple of places over the last week or two. Interesting. Pretty much on spot. Especially the whole Twitter = Wrath thing. I just don’t get Twitter. Why would anyone have a Twitter account? Why would anyone care what anyway says in 129 characters or less about anything? Maybe I’m just showing my age though.

Otherwise, compared to this chart, I’m doing pretty good. Don’t do Twitter, Tinder, Yelp, Instagram and Netflix. I have a marginal presence on LinkedIn and though I’ve had a Facebook account for 9 years, I really only check it once a day and post something once a month. It’s good to reconnect with old friends, but otherwise it’s just high school for adults.

I do have this blog though, for over a decade, and I suppose if having a blog falls under any vice, it would have to be vanity. So I guess I’m guilty of that, though I don’t promote the blog. But then I’ve always said I have a Messianic complex. Or what that a Megalomaniac complex? Or was that a Machiavellian complex? Hmm. Something that began with “m” …


No comments: