Saturday, November 21, 2009

Night Out

Ahh. Tonight, the wife and I are going out by ourselves. This is a very, very rare event. Due to a combination of unavailability of quality baby sitters, lack of funds, and a lack of nearby relatives, we hardly ever do this. In fact, I think this past year we went out by ourselves, just the two of us, exactly … one time.

For my birthday two months ago my wife bought tickets to see comedian Jim Gaffigan. You’d know him if you saw him. He kinda became a cult favorite with us watching his Comedy Central specials while channel surfing. Though he has some gig on a regular mainstream sitcom, we never watch it for some reason. But he does do a recurring skit called Pale Force with Conan O’Brien (where he and Conan are two very pale animated superheroes) and it is quite hilarious.

Here’s one of his funniest standup bits:



So my mother’s coming over around noon to watch the little ones. We’re gonna head out, drive down to our old alma mater, where the show’ll be. My wife got a recommendation for a pretty decent Italian restaurant where we’ll grab a bite before the show. Should be a great time; I’ve been looking forward to this for eight weeks now.

Ahh.

1 comment:

LE said...

Hey ... sometime around Dec 8 youtube took this video down for copyright infringement.

You can still go to youtube and search for "jim gaffigan" and come up with a whole bunch of videos still online.

Trust me, it's worth it.