Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nothing of Note

Almost missed posting something today. Not that today was worthy of anything to post.

Nothing learned. Nothing read. Nothing experienced. Nothing gained. Nothing of note.

It started quite early and never let up. Got up at 6:15, unable to get back to sleep. Went to the basement to write but had block. Little ones up, fed them. Ran to the post office to pay a late bill. Dressed the girls, walked them to school. Got back, ate, fed Patch, put Patch down, showered, cleaned, made lists. Got the Little One from school. Disciplined the Little One for not listening: no TV. Fed Patch, out on the road doing errands: buy a gift, buy diapers, home to feed, clean, feed, clean, feed, and clean. And do some laundry. And later some packing.

One thing after the other. One step forward, two steps back. Occasionally, two steps forward and only one step back. Usually X step(s) forward and X step(s) back. Overall, after fifteen hours awake, I’m about a step, step-and-a-half ahead.

Tired and uninspired. Tomorrow, though, I hope to write something interesting. This is an earnest hope. And I earnestly hope you’ll find it interesting. What it is, I don’t know, yet. But I’ll think of something overnight.

Big crunch tomorrow. Wife is swamped – and I mean, swamped – with last-minute work. I’m too boneheaded to help her out effectively. Then we head to my parents in PA for the long Thanksgiving weekend. They have a computer out there, so I’ll post stuff while we’re off for some serious R&R as a family. Blessed relief. We all need it.

By the way, lots of strange songs going through my mind all day: “O Holy Night,” sung by Cartman of South Park; the Three’s Company song, “Come and Knock on Our Door,” complete with wah-wah pedal intro; the Super-Readers super soulful theme song (it’s a kids show); “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother.” People giving me lots of quizzical looks, especially my children. Oh well. I chalk it up to … nothing of note.

No comments: