Sunday, November 1, 2009

All Saints Day



To call attention to just a few, who have very seriously influenced and, yes, even helped me over the years …

St. Joseph … to be a better husband, father, and worker.

St. Paul … who lifted that metaphorical-but-oh-quite-so-real lead dentist’s vest off my chest with the words of Christ.

St. Francis de Sales … to be a better writer, in both how as well as what I write.

St. Francis of Assisi … for providing a beacon of what a man can and should attain in this world.

St. Thomas Aquinas … for keeping me grounded when I’m tempted to treat the silly thoughts of man as ultimate wisdom, and for showing me how to think.

St. John the Evangelist … for writing the loftiest Gospel.

Sts. Matthew, Mark, and Luke … for their witness of Jesus Christ.

St. Teresa of Avila … for helping me learn to relax and trust.

St. Ignatius Loyola … for the truest example of a soldier of Christ.

St. Josemaria Escriva … for whispering in my ear how to live day-to-day.

As well as future saints, such as John Paul the Great and Benedict, and a few others ...



May God bless them all!

No comments: