Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cybernauts


You can find anything on the Internet.

There is a scene in this episode the old teevee show The Avengers that completely terrified me as a little boy. Gave me a nasty case of the nightmares, gave me an awful, sickening feeling in my stomach.

Somehow I managed to view it around the age of four or five. I remember it in black and white, not in color. I don’t recall my parents being in the room with me, but my father could have been there, right next to me, watching it, and – who knows? – I may have been ostensibly reading a book or playing with a puzzle. Anyway, it’s such decades long trauma that warns me of what I view when my little ones are about.

By the way, I can gleefully watch it now with a sympathetic chuckle for Little Me all those years ago.

If you don’t want to view the whole thing, scroll forward to the 7:35 mark and vicariously experience my four-year-old terror.

(PS – that’s Peter Cushing guest starring! I loved him in all his Victorian reservation all those years ago.)

No comments: