Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slip of Paper


In a drawer in my desk is a medium-sized sticky note. On occasion I use such notes as bookmarks, and jot down any cool words or ideas I come across. The following words are on this slip of paper:

anisokinetic
ricker
orographic
suet
hesperology
thielly-tube
calciphylaxis
scree
panniken
rookery
dolomite
edendate
skuas
petrils
imbricate
anti-scorbutic
nunatak
trenails
burgee
lares and penates
farinaceous
hoosh
hove
venesta

and

“meat glue”


The question I’m scratching my head over is, just what the hell was I reading here?

I really want to know!


PS. – that “meat glue” thing, plus the Eskimo-sounding “nunatak” and all the sciency-type words lead me to guess it might be one of the two or three books I read about Ernest Shackleton in 2002. But that’s really just a guess …

No comments: