Monday, August 1, 2011

Signature Dish


A lot of these cooking shows – Top Chef, Hell’s Kitchen, and their seemingly endless variations – begin with the contestant cooking his “signature dish.” The dish that best exemplifies him as a cook. It’s meant to show the cold-hearted judges in a few bites his talent, imagination, and personality.

In that spirit, I offer to you my “signature dish.”

It’s a dish I’ve been cooking as long as I’ve been cooking (at least twenty-five years). I’m proud of it, and to this day I eat it often. When I was out of work, especially during the cold winter months, I’d eat a version of this five days a week for lunch.

MY SIGNATURE DISH

Ingredients:

1 cup Barilla pasta
1 can Progresso soup

Heat pot of water over stove until boiling. Pour in pasta and let cook for ten minutes. Stir occasionally. Drain into colander.

Open can of Progresso soup and pour into empty but still hot pot. Put over stove and pour pasta back in. Cook over lighted flame for five to six minutes, stirring occasionally.

Serves: One.


Voilà!

No comments: