Sunday, September 11, 2011

9 / 11 / 11


The first and only thought that’s been going through my mind last night and today:

Jesus said: “Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God: believe also in Me. In My Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a place for you. And if I shall go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to Myself: that where I am, you also may be. And whither I go you know: and the way you know.” Thomas said to Him: “Lord, we know not whither You go. And how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him: “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father, but by Me.”

- the Gospel of St. John, chapter 14, verses 1 to 6

. . .


* There is Evil in this world
* Good will ultimately triumph over Evil
* Evil will ultimately be punished
* Those on the side of Good will rise one day with Christ

That’s all you really need to know. The question is one of internalizing it and truly believing in it.

. . .


Non turbetur cor vestrum. Creditis in Deum, et in me credite. In domo Patris mei mansiones multae sunt; si quominus dixissem vobis : quia vado parare vobis locum. Et si abiero, et praeparavero vobis locum, iterum venio, et accipiam vos ad meipsum : ut ubi sum ego, et vos sitis. Et quo ego vado scitis, et viam scitis. Dicit ei Thomas : Domine, nescimus quo vadis : et quomodo possumus viam scire? Dicit ei Jesus : Ego sum via, et veritas, et vita. Nemo venit ad Patrem, nisi per me.

No comments: