Friday, September 16, 2011

Super Biz-Zay


Just a quick update, all I have time for.

Looking for work again. Back on that merry-go-round, but this time I have a new-found passion to find dignified, meaningful work. Especially after three months of the exact opposite. Up to day three of my job search, I’ve applied to six online postings, mailed out three resumes and introductory letters to decent leads in my industry, spoke with two headhunters and visited one in the Big Apple. Updated the resume and reference list and made a whole bunch o’ copies at Staples. More planned next week.

This weekend is a mess of activity. Tonight’s Patch’s birthday, tomorrow’s mine. Saturday is bills, soccer, errands, cleaning up the house. My in-laws are flying in on their return flight from their Italian vacation. They’ll be in for a day, taking me and mine out for dinner Saturday night. Sunday brings CCD, more errands, and, finally, Patch’s family birthday party at our house in the afternoon.

Very tired. Been reading a very inspirational book that was big in the 1930s, I Dare You. Go ahead, google it. I dare you. A lot of it’s sinking in, which is why I’m not in my outta-work funk. Very motivated, but very, very fatigued. The book addresses that, too.

This all being said, I do have some witty-funny-cool posts (at least to my ears) on deck. Keep coming back as I’ll keep posting every day, no matter how super biz-zay I get.

No comments: