Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Walking Dead


Okay, I’m realize I’m really late to this party.

I have a friend who is gung-ho into The Walking Dead, the AMC zombie series and has been after me for a year now to check it out. Last week I finally did, renting the first season disk from a Redbox. Surprisingly, my wife wanted to watch it with me, too. My friend apparently also wore down her resistance.

Well, we watched the first four episodes in one sitting last Monday night. Then, Tuesday at lunch time, we watched the final two episodes. That’s about five hours of zombie apocalypse in an eighteen hour period. Despite some minor beefs with the storyline, we were hooked.

Last Sunday was the premiere of season two. We DVR’d it. Tonight is the second episode (of a planned thirteen). We’re inviting my pal over to watch both with us after his children and ours are put down. Looks to be a creepy and somewhat stressful night.

I think I’ll post some extended thoughts about the series and the whole zombies in our cultural entertainment phenomenon tomorrow when I have a little more time.

’Til then, don’t sleep outside in tents, circle the cars around the camp, keep at least four sentries on duty at all times (not just some old dude on top an RV), have enough shot guns for everyone, and wear at least three jackets at all times!

No comments: