Friday, October 21, 2011

What I Learned This Week


1. I am more comfortable interviewing. Alas, this revelation does not necessarily translate into job offers.

2. It may be fun to revisit books you read years ago in high school.

3. War and Peace may be in my future, if I can score a copy for under five bucks.

4. Sugar is my enemy. Or, the corollary: it is incredible how much energy you'll have if you abstain from sugar for a day.

5. One less dictator walking the earth is always a good thing. On deck: Castro and Chavez.

6. Uganda deserves its own cliche. "Hell on earth" doesn't nearly come close.

7. If you want something, ask.

8. The Civil War is - without any doubt - the most complex, intense, heartbreaking, and even bizarre four-year period in our nation's history.

9. Apple pickin' with your daughters is better than watching football on Sundays.

10. Healing Masses are Good Things.

No comments: